Insurance companies are not on your side!
Insurance companies are looking out for their best interests. They will try to reach a settlement quickly and with as little cost as possible. You may be entitled to much more than initially offered.
A personal injury attorney has the necessary training and experience to help determine the value of your claim and will work with insurance companies to help you receive maximum compensation.
Insurance companies may dispute liability for an accident in which case a personal injury attorney can complete an investigation and file a lawsuit on your behalf.
It is important for accident victims to understand their rights. If another person’s negligence caused you to be injured, your rights include compensation for:
- medical costs-present and future
- lost wages
- pain and suffering
- property damage
What about fees?
Initial accident consultations are always free at Giles & Dickson. If we accept your case, and you decide to hire us, we will both sign a contingency fee agreement. This means that we only get paid out of any settlement you receive. If you don’t make any money, we don’t make any money. It is in our best interest to get you the best settlement possible.
Many medical providers will agree to treat you on a lien basis if they know you have an attorney. This way they know they will be paid at the end of your treatment and you can get the care you need. We can help arrange medical care if needed.
You may call our office and speak with the staff and attorneys at any time for free. We are happy to answer any questions you have and help you for the several months to years it takes to settle your case. Should your case require a lawsuit and court appearances, there are still no charges until your case is settled.
There may be some office costs for police reports and medical records that will also be paid out of your settlement. Any outstanding medical bills or liens will also be paid out of your settlement.
What to Do If You are Injured in an Accident
- Seek medical treatment immediately. Don’t dismiss any aches and pains as minor, get a thorough examination to document your current injuries. Many accident victims don’t experience pain until several days following the accident.
- Call the police. Insist on an accident report. You can even file a report in the days following the accident.
- Exchange information with the parties involved, including witnesses.
- Document your case with photos, a personal statement, and witness statements.
- Get your property inspected for any damages, seen or unseen.
- Consult an attorney before giving a statement to or accepting a check from an insurance company.
Advice for Mesa Car Accident Victims
Accidents and injuries are stressful, devastating, and life-changing events. We want you to know that you are not alone in your struggle. We can help your situation by offering experienced legal counsel.
Call us and give us the specifics on your case. Initial consultations are always free. We can help you decide how to proceed in your best interest. Don’t be pressured into accepting a settlement quickly from an insurance company. To make sure you are fully compensated for your losses, get advice.
Contact Giles & Dickson for Mesa car accident advice, 480-964-3505. Hablamos Español.